Something I have never really done is set goals for the new year. I feel like I need to do that this year to pressure myself to dedicate time for them. It is something I have been thinking about more now with my business so I figured I would set some general professional goals for myself as well.
Start a Blog
For years, I have wanted to start blogging, but for one reason or the other, I have never just gotten started with it. Well, this year is the year. I have my blog up and my goals with it for this year is to build a custom theme for it and post at least two posts per month throughout the year.
Become More Involved with the WordPress Community
I made some great connections and found a wealth of help within the WordPress community in 2015. I hope to expand on that and take more of an active role this year. My goal is to complete at least two of the following items in 2016:
- Submit at least one plugin to the WordPress plugin repository.
- Volunteer to help with a WordCamp.
- Attend a local WordPress Meet-up.
- Contribute a patch to WordPress core.
- Build a custom endpoint using the REST API and use it in a production project.
- Use Backbone.JS (possibly with the REST API) to create something in the WordPress dashboard.
- Build something basic using the WordPress REST API in conjunction with either REACT or AngularJS as the front-end and WordPress as the back-end.